I'm a Data Engineeing Intern at
, the best e-commerce platform out there.
I'm also a Double-Degree Business Administration and Computer Science Student at the Wilfrid Laurier University and University of Waterloo , graduating in August 2020.
I love problem solving; CS teaches me the low level understanding of algorithms, mathematics and logical thinking, while business gives me a broader and more strategy oriented overview of the problem. I believe that transportation is on the verge of a drastic change; Hyperloop is going to improve long-distance travel and self-driving cars will redefine and reshape every city in the world. I work a lot on Data, AI and Computer Vision problems. I like to try out cool things with random datasets on Kaggle. You can check out some of the Data Analytics and AI work that I have done below.
I write on these topics and other tech related subjects from time-to-time on my Medium.
I'm a part of Laurier's Digital Strategy JDCC team. It's our University's varsity team, but for business case competitions. We do weekly practices with great profs from our school and Alumni from Microsoft and BCG.
Some of my previous experiences
Perception Engineer, WATonomous
Waterloo, ON. Summer, 2018 - Present.
- Building lane detection and tracking, object detection and tracking, stop sign detection and classification, SLAM systems; competing in SAE autonomous car competition.
Data Analytics Intern, Shopify
Ottawa, ON. Winter, 2018.
- Analyzed Data and built internal reports to understand consumer behaviour on the platform using SQL and Python.
- Built a dimensional model to aggregate data on daily platform usage improving query time by 20x.
- Developed features and build a customer maturity machine learning model to serve customized content to users and guide internal business decisions.
Software Lead, Waterloop
Waterloo, ON. Summer, 2017 - Summer 2018.
- Responsible for managing over 30 software developers to create and deliver innovative design for the embedded and software in the Hyperloop the pod.
- Wrote a research paper on the topic of Embedded-Systems in Hyperloop Pod describing design decisions in the system. Currently in publishing stage.
- Created a Node.js web-socket server for bi-directional streaming of data from sensors on the pod to a group of remote devices, that allow to control the pod in real time.
Software Engineering Intern, Adknown
Guelph, ON. Winter, 2017.
- Full-Stack Development of time tracking Jira plugin, used Jira APIs to effectively integrate time tracking into development process to improve the speed of development process.
- Researching and Developing web-push notifications and a serverless client to send out batch notifications.
- Creating various interactive and mobile-friendly interstitials.
Python Developer Intern, TIONIX
Kazan, Russia. Summer, 2016.
- Part of development team working on Russian Cloud Systems solution at TionixLabs.
- Designed an autocomplete algorithm in Python to improve customer experience when controlling the cloud system through a command line interface.
- Working with open source projects such as: OpenStack, Django, Sphinx, Pymongo to build a complete suite of cloud software and services such as Virtual Desktop and Compute Intances.
Amazon Go @RuHacks
Proof-of-concept Amazon Go store in 48 hrs.
How Much @QHacks
Solving optimization problem to find best meal for the money near the user; packaged into a mobile app.
Tryify @Decode Hackathon
In partnership with Shopify, social media like shopping of products sold by Shopify merchants?
Notepal: Collaborative note-taking in class
Developing an algorithm for smooth file merging and building a web application
Machine Learning utilities library for Python, simple image labelling web-tool
Medium API package
Medium doesn't have an API to get posts made by a user or a publisher, so I made one.
Solving problem of uneducated trips to the snack shelf in the office using IoT and Computer Vision
US Mass Shootings Analytics
Extensive visualization and statistical analysis of historical data on Mass Shootings in US.
Drake Lyric Generation
Generating Drake Style Lyrics using LSTMs and Language Models.
Driver Face + Eye Tracking
YOLO and Haar Cascades face and eye tracking Computer Vision Algorithm. Plus, open/closed eyes Deep Net classifier.
1st. @UNICC 2018
International business case competition in Spain, UNICC'18
Wilfrid Laurier Delegate @JDC Central 2017
Selected to represent Laurier's Digital Strategy team at the JDCC business case competition
1st. @RuHacks 2017
Amazon Go Implementation
1st. @Qhacks 2017
How Much, in money saving category
1st. @StudentXel Case Competition 2016
Marketing Case for Klarity Pills
Semifinalist. @PepsiCo. Pitch competition 2016
New Venture Idea Pitch competition