I'm a Data Engineeing Intern at
, the best ecommerce.
I'm also a Double-Degree Business Administration and Computer Science Student at the Wilfrid Laurier University and University of Waterloo , graduating in August 2020.
I'm a crypto-currency enthusiast. I believe that transportation is on the verge of a drastic change and Hyperloop is going to be the new GO train. I work a lot with Data and like to try out various Machine Learning models whether at work or checking out challenges on Kaggle. You can check out some of the data analytics work that I have completed below.
I write on these topics and other tech related subjects from time-to-time on my Medium.
I'm also a part of Laurier's Digital Strategy JDCC team. It's like the University's varsity team, but for business case competitions. We do weekly practices with great profs from our school and Alumni from Microsoft and BCG. I love problem solving; CS teaches me the low level understanding of algorithms, mathematics and logical thinking, while business gives me a broader and more strategy oriented overview of the problem.
Some of my previous experiences
Data Analytics Intern, Shopify
Ottawa, ON. Winter, 2018.
I don't know yet, but it's going to be really interesting!
Software Lead, Waterloop
Waterloo, ON. Summer, 2017 - Summer 2018.
- Responsible for managing over 30 software developers to create and deliver innovative design for the embedded and software in the Hyperloop the pod.
- Wrote a research paper on the topic of Embedded-Systems in Hyperloop Pod describing design decisions in the system. Currently in publishing stage.
- Created a Node.js web-socket server for bi-directional streaming of data from sensors on the pod to a group of remote devices, that allow to control the pod in real time.
Software Engineering Intern, Adknown
Guelph, ON. Winter, 2017.
- Full-Stack Development of time tracking Jira plugin, used Jira APIs to effectively integrate time tracking into development process to improve the speed of development process.
- Researching and Developing web-push notifications and a serverless client to send out batch notifications.
- Creating various interactive and mobile-friendly interstitials.
Python Developer Intern, TIONIX
Kazan, Russia. Summer, 2016.
- Part of development team working on Russian Cloud Systems solution at TionixLabs.
- Designed an autocomplete algorithm in Python to improve customer experience when controlling the cloud system through a command line interface.
- Working with open source projects such as: OpenStack, Django, Sphinx, Pymongo to build a complete suite of cloud software and services such as Virtual Desktop and Compute Intances.
Amazon Go @RuHacks
Proof-of-concept Amazon Go store in 48 hrs.
How Much @QHacks
Have a small lunch budget and don't know where to eat? We got you!
Tryify @Decode Hackathon
In partnership with Shopify, we thought, wouldn't it be nice to try your product out before you start a store?
Notepal: Collaborative note-taking in class
I promise, profs will hate it, but I'm still building it...
Machine Learning utilities library for python
Medium API package
It's really annoying that Medium doesn't have an API to get posts made by a user or a publisher, so I made one!
Computer Vision application that scans the shelf and tells you what snack are in stock
Titanic Challenge from Kaggle
Linear Regression classifier to predict if a passenger were to survive based on their ticket class, gender, age etc.
US Mass Shootings Analytics
Extensive visualization and statistical analysis of historical data on Mass Shootings in US.
Drake Lyric Generation
Generating Drake Style Lyrics using LSTMs and Language Models.
1st. @UNICC 2018
International business case competition in Spain, UNICC'18
Wilfrid Laurier Delegate @JDC Central 2017
Selected to represent Laurier's Digital Strategy team at the JDCC business case competition
1st. @RuHacks 2017
Amazon Go Implementation
1st. @Qhacks 2017
How Much, in money saving category
1st. @StudentXel Case Competition 2016
Marketing Case for Klarity Pills
Semifinalist. @PepsiCo. Pitch competition 2016
New Venture Idea Pitch competition